Saturday, October 16, 2010

This Blog

Ok, folks. This is a learning experience for us!! We want to share with you what is going on in our lives. As remote as we are, the purpose is to let you know first who we are, where we are and what is going on here. The history of Pioneer Outfitters is interesting enough, but seriously, now, is what really interests most of the folks that have commented, emailed and even called me! Pioneer Outfitters started as a hunting outfit, and quickly became more. The Survival & Guide Training came from the necessity of having well rounded guides, not only for ourselves, but the Professional Outfitters of Alaska. The Fall Photo Safaris evolved from all the non-hunting companions wanting to bring their families back for another trip to watch the Alaska-Yukon Moose in the rutt, and many of our Pack Trip clients wanting to come later in the season. The Spiritual Retreat was born out of the realization that not only is Chisana a very special place, but a thinking and healing place. The door opened for me again, after so many years, by a young girl that I was blessed to have come into my life. When that door opened, it didn't just open this time, it was blown off the hinges. In this world today, it seems that we need as much "Survival" enlightment and preparation as we can get. This is a good place, a special place and we want to share it with you all.

3 comments:

  1. You're doing a Fabulous job..so interesting..and the photos are fantastic..with each addition about your "family" and the life there..it's like we could walk in the door and have known you all for ages!! More! More please!!

    Ann Jane/equuisdancer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann, that is exactly how I want people to feel. We are soo far away and so remote, I think sometimes it gives people pause. I want people to know us and feel comfortable as soon as the step off the plane here in Chisana, instead of that moment, that hesitation, that comes from the strangeness and the distance. Some people even get a little weird-ed out because it is SO quiet. I want people to feel at home, not leaving your socks on the living room floor kind of home, but where you come to feel at ease and better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent 18 wonderful months of my earlier life in Alaska. Loved every minute of it...well...except for the earthquake.
    I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower also.

    ReplyDelete